Networking and Business functions
- A bi monthly luncheon meeting where members may meet each other and hear distinguished speakers and other persons of prominence.
- Breakfast and Lunch meetings with the visiting Indian Official and Business Delegations where members may express their views for onward transmission by the delegation to the Government of India. This has been a very effective means of communication.
- Participation in Sectoral Committee Meeting. These committees discuss issues on policies and procedures of concern to the members in their respective sectors. Based on the inputs provided by the members, NICCI prepares Position Papers and initiates dialogue with the concerned authorities on all maters of concern and interest to the members.
- Participation in Business Round Tables, Briefings and Seminars on subjects of wide interest organized by NICCI either independently or in association with other Chambers.
- Meeting with the Indian High Commission officials including High Commissioner, Counselors, etc. who also attend NICCI meetings regularly.
- Participation in NICCI sponsored business delegations to Indian State Capitals and other NICCI delegations.
NICCI arranges two major social events every year – Diwali dinner and Christmas Ball.
Business links with the neighbouring countries through cooperation with NICCI and other bilateral chambers and participation in business delegations to these countries.
- NICCI conducts surveys on matters of concern and interest to members. NICCI Quarterly Newsletter containing a wide variety of information is widely distributed to trade, industry, Government departments, other trade associations, diplomatic missions, etc.
- Library of Directors for reference.
a) Regular Publications
NICCI has two regular publications (free to members):
- Members Directory (Annual) – an up-to-date listing of all NICCI members operating in Nigeria. (This directory is a priced publication for non members).
- NICCI Newsletter
b) Industry Reports
- NICCI also publishes Industry specific Policy and Position Papers. Some of these are priced publications.
A major source of information is NICCI system of Sectoral Committees. NICCI currently has following Sectoral Committees with two other Committees:
- Entertainment & Broadcast Committee
- Financial Services & Banking
- Information Technology
- Tax & Tariff Committee
- Trade and Investment
The purpose of these Sectoral Committees is to:
- Provide members with information about Government Policies important to their business interests.
- Provide forums, meeting and seminars in which these issues are discussed.
- Submit NICCI’s memoranda to the concerned authorities and follow up on relevant issues affecting members business.
- Organise meetings to enable the members do networking and build up a wide range of business and official contacts.
Each Sectoral Committee is headed by a Chairman (one of the NICCI members) appointed by the Ad Hoc Committee. The Chairman invites other NICCI members associated with the Sectoral Committee’s business to join the Committee as members. Selected members of the Committee provide initial inputs in preparing a Position Paper, which is discussed by the full Committee. After consultation, the Position Paper is finalized for presentation to the concerned authorities and follow up action.
In addition to the Sectoral Committees, NICCI has two other active Committees. These are programs Committee and Membership Committee.
Programs Committee decides various general programs to be undertaken by NICCI including the selection of Speakers and Chief Guests for the bi monthly meetings.
Membership Committee considers all applications for the membership of NICCI and decides on which organization/individuals are eligible to become members of NICCI.